Is the factory turbocharger feeling a little tired? Or if you are ready to make a little more power without going way over the top, then you will be pleased with the Kinugawa TD05H-16KX Turbocharger. This is a great upgrade for those of you looking to make more power while maintaining a great low-range to the mid-range response. This particular turbocharger is capable of producing up to 400WHP on a healthy engine with excellent throttle response. This is a great option for street and
- 2002-2014 Subaru WRX
- 2004-2016 Subaru WRX STI vehicles
- 2004-2007 Subaru Forester
- It can replace TD04L WRX turbo, for IHI VF30, vf35 ... turbo directly without modification
The maximum power stated for each turbocharger has been calculated based strictly on the choke flow of the compressor map (total turbo capability), which represents the potential flywheel power. Performance results of this product are highly dependent upon your vehicle’s modifications and tuning/calibration.
- Compressor wheel: 49.96 / 68 mm (7+7 Point Milling / Third-Order Surface)
||Slow 120 mins.each
||Quick 15 mins.each
1. Free Surface can be only produced by Point Milling
2. More air pressure and increase much better flow efficiency.
3. Mainly for high-efficiency turbochargers.
|1. Ruled Surface can be produced by Flank Milling
2. Low efficiency
3. Only suitable to the very easy design of compressor wheel
4. Mainly for fundamental mechanical engineering such as Centrifugal compressor
- Turbine wheel: 49 / 57 mm ( 9blades STS )
Kinugawa Turbo Systems STS (Superior Turbine Strike) advanced cartridges come with dual ceramic ball bearing cages and 9 blades high flow turbine wheels improve the response speed (time needed to build boost) 10-15% as well as being more durable due to the improved shaft dynamics control. The increased power comes from the enhanced design. It utilizes an inner and outer race with rollers or balls between the two races. The inner race is pressed onto the turbo shaft, and the outer race is pressed into the CHRA. The rollers or balls replace the oil’s “job” of controlling the turbo shaft’s orientation but do still need to be lubricated but the oil restrictor had been defaulting embedded in the bearing housing to reduce oil supply more.